The Thomas Center is located in Gainesville, FL, and it is the perfect location to have a wedding. The Thomas Center is historic and the vast gardens make it one of the best places to hold an intimate or large wedding ceremony. The reception space can be a little limited though, so if you have a large guest list, consider using the Thomas Center for your wedding ceremony and another venue for your reception. Your Thomas Center wedding can take place in a courtyard or in the expansive gardens complete with large live oaks.
There are some pros and cons to consider before booking your Thomas Center wedding, as there are with any venue, and I’ve provided those under the photos.
Thomas Center Wedding Photographs
Thomas Center Wedding Considerations
- Beautiful venue perfect for couples who appreciate historic and vintage locations
- Large gardens can accommodate both intimate and small ceremonies
- Lots of spots to capture gorgeous wedding images (fountain, hydrangeas, roses, veranda, live oaks, pergola, and more)
- The reception hall holds a maximum of 140 guests, and this may be too small for some couples. Simarily, the parking lot is on the smaller size, and if you’re having a larger wedding, parking for your guests and vendors is another factor you will need to consider
- There isn’t a pretty area with lots of good light for getting-ready pictures, so I’d strongly recommend getting ready at a nearby bed and breakfast instead
- If you are using the gardens for your ceremony, you may need a backup plan for inclement weather
How Much Does it Cost to Book a Thomas Center Wedding?
Regardless of the area you reserve at the Thomas Center, you’ll need to put down a deposit of $200 in order to secure your wedding date. An additional security deposit is required, and you’ll also be required to pay for personnel fees. The bulk of your expenses may come from the hourly cost to rent any of the grounds or indoor facilities, and because this may change from time-to-time, check out the Thomas Center rental rates here.
Where is the Thomas Center Located?
The Thomas Center is located downtown at 302 NE 6th Avenue Gainesville, FL 32601.
Interested in Learning More About Water Bear Photography?
Contact me and let’s chat. And if you have already booked or are considering booking the Thomas Center, I have many more images to show you from the recent weddings I have shot at this historic location.
6 thoughts on “Thomas Center Wedding | Gainesville, FL”
I am sure your clients really enjoyed their session. Great job!
Very informative post. Good to know as I also live in the Gainesville area! Your wedding photography is exceptional, vibrant and filled with life. Lucky couple!
Hello neighbor! 🙂 Thank you for the kind words.
This wedding is gorgeous and great tips for this venue!
This wedding is gorgeous and I love all these tip about the venue!
Beautifully captured wedding! This post is so informative and will be really helpful for future couples at Thomas Center 🙂